Tuesday, January 16, 2007

As I look at the mirror, from the world I feel so apart,
They say I am a crazy man, I think from my heart.
Little instances across the day, things that should not even matter,
Are things that trouble me, and so they call me Alice’s Mad Hatter.
I wish I could talk to this man in the mirror, he just stands there looking tall,
I’d like to give him a piece of my mind and tell him I don’t like him at all.

He makes me feel attached to people I care,
He tells me its good your thoughts with friends to share.
He tells me that to live life as your own, as it never will happen again,
He tells me to be me, and all such advice, that always causes me heartache and pain.
And that’s when he ‘s silent, when I am much hurt, that’s when he never keeps score,
What do I do when I’m being me and no one wishes to hear me anymore?
I wish I could talk to this man in the mirror, he just stands there looking tall,
I’d like to give him a piece of my mind and tell him I don’t like him at all.

He looks back at me, no words does he say, just stares back at my eye,
A single drop of glitter rolls down his cheek, he still tries to smile and not cry.
And through that drop as I look back at him, a different image I see,
He is no stranger that I never met before, he’s just the real me.
The world doesn’t like him for he’s not that much fun, they feel he is quite apart,
For they think he is crazy, for he thinks only from his heart.
I cannot change this world, so I guess for some time, I’ll lock him and keep him away,
Hoping that the world will like to know that man in the mirror someday.

... to be continued

2 comments:

greycellsinxs said...

awww dear... i like u!
its u who is important to all of us... i know u r a bit wacko but hey we wud not want you to be any other way!

Anonymous said...

Great work.

 

Copyright 2010 The Chronicles Of A Common Man.