Tuesday, January 16, 2007

To tell someone you love her, three words are all you need,
a moment stolen away from the world and a heart that would heed.
Three words so simple, even a child can spell,
Three words, though when she stands before you, are the hardest to tell.
For what if she thought those words were not from the heart,
What if she just turned her face and walked apart.
Or what if she told me, “I just don’t feel that way”,
What if she in her anger, took even my friendship away.
Or what if on hearing the words I speak,
Tears glisten her eyes, … is that what I seek?
No, not that, never, that’s the last thing I’d ever want to see,
For even though my love for her I treasure, she’s far more precious to me.

I love her with my heart and soul,
I want to tell her that she completes me; with her my life seems whole.
I want her to be my side, through joy and through strife,
I want to tell her I’ll keep her safe, she means more to me than my life.
I want to tell her a thousand things, nothing I wish to hide,
I want to tell her, my happiest moment, would be when she would be my bride.

My heart grows weary and scared, with each passing day,
What if, before I tell her, some prince just carries her away?
For pretty as she is like a flower, glittering in the sun beam,
Like each lovely maiden, even she would have a dream,
That some handsome prince on a royal steed would ride along her way,
Someone with a big castle, together where they could stay.
How could I compete with a dream so high?
For in today, I am just an ordinary man, however hard I may try.
I am building up a world of my own, each day part by part,
But standing against the prince of her dreams, today, all I can offer is my heart.
A heart that yearns to love and be loved by someone who is true,
Someone who won’t disappear like a dream, or like the morning dew.

What scares me again, is what if she likes me and in my life would like to stay,
But cannot trust me, or my love because of the past that has passed along my way.
What then can I tell her or do to make her believe that my love for her is true,
And that I can never love anyone more than her, no one old, no one new.
I only can hope and pray that she looks into my heart to see,
How precious and how dear she and her friendship are to me.

But all said and done, as that day when I tell her how I feel comes to an end,
I beg the Almighty on bended knees that we always be and remain friends.
For if I am doubly blessed, life would be wonderful with her as my bride,
But if not the will of GOD, I’d still always have a very dear friend, always by my side.

... to be continued

4 comments:

greycellsinxs said...

oh my god dude! tat is so awesome! man ain't she one lucky girl!!!

if only u know ;)

Crosswordsguy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crosswordsguy said...

Love is the most wonderful feeling one can have.

"I want to tell her, my happiest moment, would be when she would be my bride."

When u decide u only want that someone special as your companion for life... It's TRUE LOVE!

Stuti said...

that was amazing..
beautifully written.
and if you do love her truly, go ahead, tell her.
i hope she finds you in your heart...!!

 

Copyright 2010 The Chronicles Of A Common Man.