Friday, January 5, 2007

Life seemed long, but the day was new,
Dreams a many, with hopes though few.

I woke up in my bed, last night’s vodka still in my head.
All efforts once again in vain, the clock said I’ll be late to work again.

Off from my home, through rickshaws and buses,
Packed like sardines in local trains with a crowd of 1000 fusses.

Walking into office planning what’s today’s reason to say,
Just to learn that Boss called an early URGENT meeting today.

The knock at the Board Room door, I could almost feel the heat,
“Oh so you’ve finally arrived” says my boss, my heart skips a beat.

To take your seat and try to gather the crums,
And try to ignore the shady comments from some of the bums.

2 hours of brain- storming, but yet most of it a waste.
Decisions are taken based on the last 5 minutes and that too in haste.

Its lunch time by then, time to grab a bite,
Hustling ones way through the cafeteria frenzy, it no less than a fight.

Back to your cubicle, in 20 minutes sharp,
To still find the Big Kahuna standing there, like a devil with a harp.

5 new plans to implement, in 5 different ways.
And all this needs to be done by the end of the day.

So I set my schedule, lets get it done by 4,
At 3:40, the Big Guy calls me up to say, “lets re think these plans once more”.

Back at my desk, a little banging of the feet,
3 hours of dedicated hard work and a SHIFT & DELETE.

Back in his cabin, new thoughts floating in the air,
He goes off on his tangents, leaving us pulling our hair.

The meeting ends a minute before 7,
Which means with these new plans, I’ll be working again till 11.

Walking out of office, back in the train,
Too late for dinner, its Take Out food once again.

As I lie on my bed, I hear the street dogs howl,
As I ponder for a few minutes on my lifestyle of an owl.

Trrriinnggg! Goes the clock, its another new day again,
With a 100 new experiences ready to drive me insane.

But time goes on and its not all just strife. . .
Its all part of this wacky adventure called a “The Common Man’s Life”

. . . to be continued

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome stuff Bonnie, must say gosh to gud n am serious :):) way to go :):)

Unknown said...

Yo THE KING huh!
cool... very cool!

Crosswordsguy said...

Wow!!! U got great thoughts, I find ur writings very interesting..

Keep Writing!

bipasha said...

really cool bonnie! i had no clue u were a budding poetand all:-) keep 'em cuming, wanna read more

 

Copyright 2010 The Chronicles Of A Common Man.