Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Life seemed long, but the day was new,
Dreams a many, with hopes though few.

I woke up at the chime, and wondered for some time.
Why do I feel this way, is there something special about today?

And then it struck me, Oh how could I forget?
It’s the 8th January - You guys are still clueless, I bet!

Well don’t seem surprised with that look on your face,
Only to me is this day special from all the other days.

Its exactly 3 years since I met that special someone,
The love of my life, who made life so much more fun.

With moments to share, with someone beloved who cares.
To hold someone’s hand, a magic only few would understand.

To love that special woman, and to be loved back in return,
Are blessings from above that every young heart would yearn.

And so I got off my bed, there’s lots to prepare,
Being late is not for today, I ‘d rather not dare.

Lets pick her up from work, by 4 should be fine,
A movie, a walk through the park, and a sweet place to dine.


She loves pink roses, and chocolates and wind chimes,
But most of all, she always says, is together spending some time.

But just then my eyes went on the cracked photo-frame by the door,
Of when she walked out, saying she loved me no more.

Oh that’s something that just slipped my mind,
Of moments that hurt, of a life left behind.

A single drop of tear, glistens beside my coffee cup,
Its just another day again, the sun’s on his way up.

Ready for work, and out of the door,
Welcoming a new day, on a quest for more.

But time goes on and its not all just strife. . .
Its all part of this wacky adventure called a “The Common Man’s Life”

4 comments:

Crosswordsguy said...

Hey Bro....

My dear,,, Thtz whtz u call grt writing... Keep writing..

Byeee.

greycellsinxs said...

wow!

ummm... 8th jan d special day?
honestly dude u r too good!

N yes reading all this...
I should congratulate you... as u said it takes a lot of courage to fall in love!

greycellsinxs said...

panky it's more than just gr8 writing... it's called LIFE in a capsule :)

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, this is amazing stuff. Reading all this makes me feel like I should start writing again..You are too good!

 

Copyright 2010 The Chronicles Of A Common Man.