Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What is this love that everyone around talks about,
Was the question Rationality asked Emotions one day.
The mind smiled as my heart thought hard,
And after a few minutes, this is what it had to say.

Love is feeling, you feel for some one who is rare,
Someone who means the world to you, someone for whom you care.
With that someone special, each day seems bright and sunny,
Moments together are treasured through time, more valuable than money.
And then comes a time, for you in your life,
When you want her to be with you, when you want her to be your wife.
And then life will be as sweet as a song,
You will have her next to you always, through right and through wrong.

My heart felt proud at what it just said,
But my mind laughed, “You stupid Heart” he said.

“I know that in love you find your whole world in her smile,
And you feel like the King of the world, although just for a while.
But have you even thought of what the other side of this coin has to show,
What if she doesn't feel that way, what if she just says NO?
Then what will happen to your dreams, your castles of sand?
The world will call you a fool, your pain, no one will understand.
For she'll walk away from you, leaving behind a pain that will never end,
In your quest for true love, you'll also loose in her a friend.”

And as my mind finished this line, a tear dropped from my eye,
“You cannot catch the waves of the sea, “ my mind said,” then why do you try?”

My heart spoke up ” Listen to me O Mind, I know you consider me a fool,
But in life, a man should always try and never give up, is what they taught me at school.
For I would never have learned to walk as a child, if I always feared the fall,
The girl I love is so precious to me, so for her, I am willing to risk my all.
I know the prince charming she seeks forth in life, is what I may never be,
But I still hang by the thin thread of hope, that in me true love she'll see.
For you like the rest of the world don't realize that in love sometimes there can be pain,
But the magic of love is that never a single tear would ever be shed in vain.
The tears are proof of a love that's pure, a love that is kind and true,
It stands as a testament, that although she refused, she will always be precious to you.”

“I will never understand you,” said my mind to my heart, “you defy all logic today.
I stand by my views, and I know you won't change, so all I ask is this question today.
If you were to know that she wouldn't say YES,
If you were to know for sure, not just a guess.
If you were to know she doesn't feel the same,
If you were to know you cannot win in this game.
If you were to know that this would break your heart,
If you were to know that you'd be torn apart.
Would you still love her and ask her to be your wife?
Why would you not hate her for casing you so much strife?

My heart tried to smile again, as another tear dropped from my eye,
“Yes, I know, I will love her always, I just don't know WHY?

...to be continued

1 comments:

greycellsinxs said...

we all know why we love the significant other. there's nothing we can do. when love hits you, it hits you hard!
But wot the %&#@ it never guarantees a sure song. its a risk we take, the biggest one you mite say... but the only one ever taking some wud say!

 

Copyright 2010 The Chronicles Of A Common Man.