Wednesday, March 14, 2007

They tell me I'm crazy
They call me insane
This world that I live in
In this moment that I call My Time
They wish to tell me I do not belong
They who never knew me
They who wouldn't even if they tried
And yet what they say matters
To the others who walk in their shadow
Too scared to break away from its darkness
Too scared to step out in the light
The light of what ones heart believes
But to myself I say
Am I the one who's insane?
Or are they out of their minds
For they have eyes
That never see beyond themselves
And they have ears
That only hear the sounds of their greed
And they speak
But only to their selfish desires
And they live
But merely to exist in today
Dust in the wind… lost forever

And yet it is I who am called insane

Because I feel warm
Each time I place my hand on my heart
And look at this world before me
Filled with people whom I care for
People who make life worth living for

Because I feel cold
when I see the poor man sitting all alone by the street lamp
and a tear glistens my eye
for I feel his pain
the pain of not being wanted
by those who he wanted to be with

Because I shiver
When I see a future that is blurred and gloomy
In the eyes of the little boy working at a tea stall
Or the face of a little girl in the newspaper
who was taken away from her family

Because I laugh
At the vanity of promises made
By those in power
About efforts and plans
Of a world of peace

Or
Because I still
hope and believe
in the spirit of humanity
that lies buried in most of our hearts
begging for a drop of a selfless moment
to rejuvenate the dry soil of human emotions
to help sprout a new root
that if nurtured by a little thoughtfulness
for one's fellow beings
will yield a harvest
of a better world

Yes… this is why I am called insane
This is why you fear me
This is why you feel I do not belong
In this moment that you call My Time
And yet I can but only wonder
Is it me asking the wrong questions
Or have you just forgotten where to look for the answers
… after all not everyone can live with a heart

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude are u asking or telling?
i told you u, u were complex & freaky & psychotic!
BUT INSANE???

how cud you think we cud think u were insane!

anyway again a post well written & this time i fear my safety... u r creepy dude!

 

Copyright 2010 The Chronicles Of A Common Man.