Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Do not try to solve me
I am not your riddle Old World.
Do not try to comprehend
for my words don't belong in your present
Do not try to foresee
as my future is what will build yours.
For I, though no more than a grain of sand,
am still beyond what you will ever understand.
So do not try, and not just because you shouldn't
but rather because you can't.
How? you may ask
or even Arrogant! you may call me.
But I am just the way
I was always supposed to be.
Something that you will over see,
only to regret with much remorse
when tomorrow turns into yesterday.
And it is only then
that you will stand still and ponder
why was it that you never
recognize and understand...
the puzzle, the riddle, the person that is me.

For that day, I leave you
few words from this moment.
Remember this
An hour glass
though worth a few pennies
still holds within itself
countless lifetimes
within the sands of time.
 

Copyright 2010 The Chronicles Of A Common Man.