Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The sea at night speaks in so many languages
The stillness of the wind
The darkness of the naked sky
The anger of the waves
The mischief of the moon
. . . all together
adding up to a night of monologue

Listen … don t speak
for the stillness talks about a life without a goal to conquer
the darkness speaks about the inner you that is hidden from everyone else. . . behind a mask of what people think you are
the anger that reminds you of all you wanted to be and do but never could. . . portrayed by the waves that touch the shore only to go back again
and the mischief of a naughty moon eluding its lover through dark clouds

Speak to me Oh Night
Speak to me today as I sit by the sea
For I will be gone tomorrow
Beneath the sands of time

So speak to me Oh Night
Speak to me today as I sit by the sea
For tomorrow
We become strangers once again.

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2010 The Chronicles Of A Common Man.